Organized by: Indian Institute of Technologies
PanIIT 2008: December 19-21, 2008.
- 3000 plus IIT alumni
- 2000 plus IIT students and over 500 leading research scholars
- Over 200 distinguished industry leaders and panelists
- Leading Academicians and policy makers, Venture Capitalists, Private Equity and Financial Institutions, Industrialists, CEO’s, and Strategists
The PanIIT-2008 event is slated to be held at IIT Madras, Chennai during December 19-21, 2008. The venue and timing are very appropriate, given that IIT Madras is celebrating its Golden Jubilee this year.
Participants will enjoy the tremendous opportunities for professional networking, a chance to indulge in nostalgia, to listen to the views of a galaxy of pre-eminent luminaries, and to hear of the efforts being made by their fellow alumni to contribute to the transformation of the nation. With entertainment and light hearted events in between for delegates and their families.
Stars at the Plenary Sessions:
- The Prime Minister, Hon’ble Dr. Manmohan Singh, will be delivering the Inaugural Address (by live video-feed) on the 19th at 9:30 am.
- At 5:30 pm on the 19th, the Hon’ble Minister for Finance, Mr. P. Chidambaram, will engage in conversation with Dr. Raghuram Rajan, noted Economist, on the topic of how India can become one of the Top-3 economies in the world.
- The second day, 20th December, will be led off at 9:30 am by Shri L.N. Mittal, President & CEO of Arcelor Mittal. He will show the way to think big and win in the global marketplace, in the format of an informal chat with a TV anchor.
- This will be followed by another dynamic talk delivered at 10:30 am by Bob McDonald, COO of Proctor & Gamble, on innovation strategies at P&G.
- At 4:30 pm on the 20th, a powerful panel of academicians, led by Dr. Patrick Aebischer (President, EPFL, Swizerland), Dr. Rajiv Grover (Dean, Fogelman College of Business & Economics, U Memphis), Dr. Subra Suresh (Dean of Engineering, MIT) and Prof. Surendra Prasad (Director, IIT Delhi) will engage in a debate, moderated by Dr. Vijay Kumar (Senior Associate Dean, MIT), on the roadmap for IITs to become global leaders in education and research.
- The 5:30 pm plenary session that follows brings together three Tata CEOs – B. Muthuraman (Tata Steel), S. Ramadorai (TCS) and Ravi Kant (Tata Motors)- in a dialog with Prof. C.K. Prahlad (U. Michigan) on India @ 75, and how Indian industry can shape the future.
- The last day of the Meet, Dec 21st, shines brightest of all. At 9 am, Rajat Gupta (CEO, McKinsey & Co) will moderate a knowledge-capture session designed to assimilate the learnings of PanIIT 2008 and pave the way forward.
- Next up is Orkut Buyukkokten (Product Manager, Google) at 10:15 am, interacting with students and campus youth in a free-wheeling take on online social networking.
For More Details