Offered by: Legatum Center, MIT
Deadline for submission of applications: January 31, 2009
The candidate must be:
- Admitted to a graduate degree program at MIT (Both incoming students and current students enrolled for the following academic year are eligible.)
- An MIT student for the duration of the fellowship.
The Legatum Center administers a competitive fellowship program for incoming and current MIT graduate students who wish to develop viable enterprise solutions to meet challenges in low-income countries. The fellowship provides funding, seminars and business creation coaching, and opportunities for our Fellows to interact with world-renowned entrepreneurs, thought-leaders and investors.
Legatum Fellowship Commitment
Legatum Fellows are required to participate in regular Fellows-only seminars, Center events (Legatum Lectures, networking lunches and dinners, etc.), and to submit a viable business plan for implementation in a low-income country. The Center seeks Legatum Fellows who are committed to implementing their business plans upon graduating from MIT, and to providing the Center with regular updates on their enterprise(s).
For Applicants to MIT:
- Apply for Legatum Fellowship
- Apply for admission to a graduate degree program at MIT(MBA, SM, PhD, etc.).Only those who receive admission offers and apply for the fellowship will be reviewed by the Legatum Fellowship Selection Committee.
For Current MIT Graduates:
- Apply for the Legatum Fellowship and indicate the program in which you are enrolled through the following academic year.
- For applicants who applied for the 2008-2009 fellowship but were not admitted to MIT or did not receive a Legatum Fellowship: You will be required to complete the 2009-2010 Fellowship application.
Click here to apply for the Fellowship.
For more details visit here.