Programme: The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship Programme (Website)
Offered By: Reliance Industries Limited
Availability of Application Forms: May 15, 2008 Onwards
Deadline for Submission of Application Forms: July 15, 2008
Notification Of Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows: August 1, 2008
Indian citizens either studying or working in India.
Reliance Industries Limited has generously created the Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows Program to support Indian students with financial need in obtaining an MBA at Stanford.
Each year, Stanford may award up to five Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships:
- Fellows will receive full financial support for the two-year Stanford MBA Program and all fees associated with applying and attending.
- Reliance and Stanford are dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders in India who are committed to the country’s human and socio-economic progress.
- Within two years of completing their Stanford MBA studies, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows will return to India for a period of at least two years employment in the public or private sector.
Process and Evaluation Criteria:
Up to 50 Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows Finalists will be selected based on:
– Commitment to developing India
– Financial need
In the second stage, those Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will go on to complete the standard application process for the Stanford MBA Program. As part of the MBA admission process, Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will be required to take the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) if they have not done so already. The Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows finalists will bear none of the costs associated with the GMAT exams or Stanford application.
Stanford may select up to five Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows from among the finalists based on its primary admission criteria of:
– Intellectual vitality
– Demonstrated leadership potential
– Personal qualities and contributions
The application requirements are following:
- Educational history and scores (10th board exams, 12th board exams, Common Admission Test (CAT) and/or GMAT scores if available)
- Employment history and aspirations
- Resume/curriculum vitae (C.V.)
- 250-word essay question
- Individual financial information
Note: All Reliance Dhirubhai Fellows must return to India within two years of graduation to work for a period of at least two years.
For more FAQ’s on the Fellowship Programme here.