Organized By: Microsoft Corporation
Round one: Deadline for Submission of Idea: December 15, 2008.
Do you dream of a world where
- thermostats use weather forecasts to minimize energy usage and to run your sprinkler system,
- retail kiosks checkout items from inside your basket and send out-of-stock items home,
- your refrigerator reorders groceries,
- home appliances negotiate with each other to reduce power consumption, or
- the treadmill monitors your health and provides advice from your doctor?
Would you like to make this fantasy world real by using the power of our easy to use developer tools?
Through the Microsoft Dare to Dream Different challenge, MICROSOFT invites you to show what your dream device is all about and bring it to reality using the .NET Micro Framework.
$101,000 in prizes and numerous other benefits up for grabs.
Round one: October 8 – December 15, 2008
- Describe your idea, what’s so cool about, it and how you would go about creating it
- Ideas can be submitted individually or in teams of up to 3 people.
- Each idea can be submitted only once
- Each submission needs to be either in the professional or the hobbyist category
Submit a Stage 1 entry online at http://microsoft.com/netmf.
See official rules for more details.