Program: Software Engineering Internship (Website)
Offered By: Google India.
No application deadline as such.
The internship programme is for all who meet the following requirements.
1. Currently pursuing a BS, MS or PhD in computer science or a related technical field
2. Experience in systems software or algorithms
3. Excellent implementation skills (C++, Java, Python)
4. Knowledge of UNIX/Linux or Windows environments and APIs
5. Familiarity with TCP/IP and network programming a plus.
Software Engineers at Google are developers who yearn to create and implement full product lifecycles – not just code solutions. This means the applicants need to have a solid foundation in computer science, consistently come up with new ideas and naturally strive for a deep understanding of the products in order to be able to continually improve upon them. The teams at Google India develop massively scalable, distributed software systems and also collaborate on multitudes of smaller projects that have universal appeal – which requires research, awareness, interactivity and asking questions. Applicants bring strong competencies in data structures and algorithms along with a technical fascination for how stuff fits together. They are motivated to experiment and take chances in order to make a difference in their field, unafraid to stand up for your ideas and eager to embrace change.